Last weekend, the world watched as The X Factor judges picked their final 12 acts to go through to the live stages of the ITV talent show.
Here we find out a little more about Lloyd Daniels. Lloyd Daniels is the fresh faced Welsh 16-year-old who the girls are going to love. Here is all you ever need to know about the blonde-haired girls’ favourite.
10 Things You Need to Know About Lloyd Daniels
- At his first audition Lloyd made a hash of his chosen song I’m Yours by Jason Mraz, but was offered a lifeline by Cheryl Cole, and allowed to sing another song.
- Aged 11 Daniels nearly died of kidney failure when he lost for stone in a fortnight. His kidneys stopped working due to this. “The weight was falling off me to the point i was skin and bones,” he said.
- Currently ToteSport has him at 14/1 to win the competition outright, and 7/4 to triumph in the ‘boys’ category.
- Since getting through to the final 12, Daniels has been out and about on the celebrity circuit, hanging out with the stars. Checkout his progress in his video diary below.
- Former X Factor contestant Niki Evans has backed Daniels to win this years series. “There was a young lad who came on first he was too nervous, but then he started singing and i thought, God he’s good,” Niki said.
- Mouthy celebrity blogger Perez Hilton is not a fan of Lloyd’s. After defending Ethan Boroian after he was booted off the show, he ranted: “Less talented people have made it through on American Idol – and won!! Any blind person, except for Cheryl Cole, obviously can see the talent this kid has. P.S. Lloyd sucks, Cheryl!”
- Lloyd Daniels is not to be confused with the American basketball star of the same name.
- Pop Idol winner Will Young helped Cheryl pick the boys for the finals, and gave the following assessment of Daniels: “I’m a bit worried about his age, whether he can cope.”
- He has got his own YouTube channel where you can watch such delights as his auditions, plus him chatting with Dermot O’Leary.
- Daniels is very popular in Wales. His head teacher said: “He’s got a great deal of charisma and a smashing voice.” The owner of the local Treharris hairdresser Hairloom said: “We used to cut Lloyd’s hair. He’s a lovely lad and he’s got a brilliant voice. We didn’t even know he could sing until we saw The X Factor.”