Last weekend, the world watched as The X Factor judges picked their final 12 acts to go through to the live stages of the ITV talent show.
Here we find out a little more about Rikki Loney. Rikki Loney is a 22 year old from Scotland who has been on an emotional journey.
He has entered The X Factor for three years in a row, and was turned away on the first two attempts, getting as close as the judges houses stage of the contest. Learn more about Rikki below.
10 Things You Need to Know About Rikki Loney
- Rikki has auditions for The X Factor three times.
- Last year, Simon Cowell put an overjoyed Rikki through to his final six boys, before changing his mind and ditching him for Liam Payne.
- Rikki was destroyed following the rejection and didn’t tell his mum Irene that he would be auditioning again this year. But Irene had gone to watch the live auditions with pals and ran on stage to give her son a hug following his incredible performance of These Arms of Mine.
- The Scottish Sun gave away special cut-outs of Rikki’s trademark eyebrows, called ‘Rikki Loneyes’
- Rikki almost missed out on his spot at Cheryl’s house after a throat infection ruined his performance of Chasing Pavements at bootcamp.
- After his performance at Cheryl’s house, guest mentor Will Young doubted whether Rikki has the ability to deliver each week.
- Bookies Ladbrokes have given Rikki odds of 20-1 to win the show.
- The Glaswegian’s favourite singers are Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.
- Rikki has spent the last year touring local venues to practice performing on stage.
- Rikki is obsessed with hats, but wasn’t allowed to wear one in his makeover picture.